Introduction and Site Security
This web site is provided as a public service of the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA). All information that TIGTA provides at this site is considered public information. To protect the system from unauthorized use and to ensure that the system is functioning properly, the Government may monitor and audit use of this site. Anyone using this site expressly consents to such monitoring. Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on these web sites are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under applicable Federal law.
- You do not have to give us personal information in order to visit our site.
- We will collect Personally Identifiable Information (name, e-mail address, Social Security Number, or other unique identifier) only if you knowingly choose to provide that information to us.
- We do not give, sell, or transfer any personal information to third parties.
- Information is collected for statistical purposes, and TIGTA and the Department of the Treasury may perform analysis of user behavior in order to measure customer interest in the various areas of our site.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you visit our website to read pages and/or download information, we will collect and retain the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain and IP address (the address that is assigned to your computer when you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The pages you visit.
- The address of the website from which you linked to our website.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors -- to measure the number of visitors to our site and to learn about the types of technology our visitors use.
Information Collected From E-Mail
If you choose to provide TIGTA with personal information via e-mail, we will use the information to respond to your message. In addition, you should be aware that the material you submit may be disseminated within TIGTA for law enforcement purposes and may be disclosed to authorized personnel.
We would also note that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes personal information, you may want to forward this information to TIGTA by postal mail.
Links to Other Sites and Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by TIGTA.
Third-Party Social Media
This website uses Google Analytics to get aggregate metrics on website usage. Please refer to the following policies on Google's website for more information: