WASHINGTON – J. Russell George, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA), today announced a redesign of the agency’s website (www.tigta.gov) to better serve the public.
“This new website serves to better highlight TIGTA’s audits, investigations, and inspections and evaluations,” said Inspector General George. “It is my hope that this site will provide valuable information to the public, whether it be individuals seeking to report waste, fraud, and abuse; individuals seeking resources about Internal Revenue Service (IRS) scams; or stakeholders seeking to learn more about our oversight work."
The website includes a number of new or updated features, which will allow users to more easily find needed information. These include:
- An updated hotline form to allow for easier online reporting of waste, fraud, and abuse;
- A page dedicated to IRS scam resources, which provides information to protect the public;
- A hiring resources page with helpful information for those seeking to work for TIGTA;
- A new audit suggestion form allowing stakeholders to provide ideas for future audit work; and
- A streamlined reports page with enhanced search features such as the ability to filter TIGTA's work by special emphasis area(s) based on IRS-related legislation.
In addition, website visitors can sign up to receive updates when new content is posted on the website.